With work due to start on our new site we have an amazing opportunity for the role of Site Engineer reporting to the Site Manager.
As a successful candidate, you will be fully capable in setting out and managing site duties. You will ideally have experience across all areas of construction including drainage and earthworks as well as building and structural work, specifically steel frame or concrete frame structures, specifically on commercial schemes. You must be CSR qualified to be considered successful for this role
We are looking to speak to driven candidates who can demonstrate previous experience in the Civil Engineering industry, who are confident in leading, with a great technical understanding.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced, expanding company with a core value in always respecting and encouraging our staff.
- Ensure that the setting out is accurate, providing precise lines, levels and reference points on site
- Reading, interpretation and providing clear communication of construction drawings on site for layouts, material measurements etc.
- Effectively influencing the progress on sites and ensuring programme deadlines are met.
- Responsible for all site activity, labour, and materials.
- Ensure that all materials used, and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
- Be present for site meetings providing updates
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Assist with general admin, management of all staff on site
- Responsibility for security & health and safety on site.
- Supervise direct and sub-contractor site staff, assisting with technical and structural matters
- Maintain the site diary and paperwork
- Carryout Toolbox talks and Site Inductions
- Complete site works safely whilst appreciating deadlines
- Provide technical and structural assistance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Any other duties deemed necessary by management.
- Degree educated in Civil Engineering / Construction.
- 3+ years plus experience as Site Engineer
- Commercial awareness and relationship building skills
- Experience working with concrete, groundworks, ducting etc
- Excellent people skills with both clients and sub-contractors alike.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to manage a group.
- Highly motivated and driven to progress
- Experience in the Microsoft Office Packages
- Ability to work toward tight schedules and deadlines and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Full Driving Licence and access to own transport
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Hours of work: 8am to 5pm
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Company Pension Scheme, Healthcare Plan, Paid holidays, Employee Perks Card, Free On-site car parking, Canteen Facilities, Career Development Opportunities
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 17th August 2022.
*Please note on this occasion Re-Gen is unable to provide sponsorship for visa applicants for this particular post, as such applicants must hold the right to work in the UK to be eligible.
Re-Gen is an equal opportunities employer who employs a workforce with members from all sections of the community and is committed to appointing candidates purely based on merit.
Application DeadlineFriday 26th August, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Weekly Working HoursFull Time