CNC Operator/ Programmer
The role is for a CNC Operator/ Programmer. They will aid engineering in the design and improvement of machining fixtures and parts to streamline production. CAM experience is desirable but not essential, training can be provided in this area.
The operator will be in charge of a Brand new 2023 Haas VF6 with Renishaw Wireless intuitive probe, high-speed machining and through spindle coolant. Maintaining the machine will also be essential in this role taking care of tooling and functionality. Improving current CAM process and creating processes for new parts will be required.
- Preparing parts for machining
- Discuss machining fixture design with Engineering
- Suggest design changes to improve machining accuracy/ time
- Choose most efficient tool for each machining process
- Adapting machining process to suit different steel grades
- Plan auto probing of multiple parts
- Check quality of machining to specified tolerances
- Continuous monitoring of tool wear
- Machine maintenance checks and general upkeep
- Minimum 1 year experience in operating 3,4 or 5 axis CNC milling machine
- Sound understanding of machining fixtures and applications
- Understand when to adjust tooling feed and speed rates to suit a particular process and material
- Good organisational skills
- Good understanding of basic steel fabrication processes
- Ability to work in a team environment
- used CAM programs such as Mastercam, Solidcam, fusion of similar
- willing to learn CAM programming if no experience
- operated Haas CNC machines
- involved in designing machining fixtures
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Remuneration: £13-18 per hour (Depending on experience)
Benefits: Private Healthcare, Free Life Assurance, Employee Perks Card, Paid holidays, On-site car parking, Increased Pension Scheme, Employee Development, Flexible working.
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm 15th December 2023
Re-Gen is an equal opportunities employer whom employs a workforce with members from all sections of the community and is committed to appointing candidates purely based on merit.
Application DeadlineFriday 15th December, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Job ContractFull Time Permanent
Weekly Working Hours8am to 5pm