6 ways to reduce your plastic waste
By taking simple yet effective steps, you can contribute to a greener, more sustainable future for both our country and our world. It may seem like a small drop in the ocean, but worldwide contribution is the only way to help decrease our emissions and save our planet. There are many ways to reduce your plastic but here are six simple and easy ways.
- You can reuse a sustainable tote bag for all your shopping needs; ditch the plastic and save money by having to buy one in store.
- Stop buying bottled water and look at ways to purify the water yourself, such as a Brita filter, or invest in brands who offer cardboard bottles.
- Say no to straws! If you enjoy using straws, buying a reusable metal straw is favourable and will help save plastic ending up in landfill.
- Use a milkman! Stop buying cartons of milk at the shops and have your milk delivered the old-fashioned way.
- Buy without the packaging! Overuse of packaging in supermarkets contributes to the problem, so pick your fruit and veggies without the plastic bags and be sure to wash them when you get home.
- Take your own reusable cup! When you go to grab coffee at your favourite coffee shop, have your own cup to take.
There can be plenty of ways to reduce your plastic usage, always look carefully on any packaging to see if it is recyclable, some parts of plastic bottles can be but together, we can make a difference.